Nov. 26, 2009 – Check out both of our Winners’ Trip Diary and Photos from the Cruise!
Huge congrats to HOH fan and KMAX/Ft. Collins, CO listener Dennis Schenkenberger who will be enjoying the ShipRocked five-day headbanging cruise to Jamaica and Grand Cayman. Dennis and his wife Ann (pictured) will be floating their way to the islands while checking out live performances from Queensryche, Skid Row, Tesla, Ratt and more. As you can see, they’ve got a head start on the “chill” part of the cruise!
Also on their way to board ShipRocked are WBWR/Columbus, OH, listener Lisa Berger and her husband, Phil. Lisa won part 1 of our contest earlier this year.
Enjoy your deluxe cabins, ocean views and 24 hour partying all the way to Jamaica (with a couple of stops along the way!) and feel free to submit photos of your onboard heavy metal high jinks!
Here’s a look at Dennis’ winning entry:
“I am a hardworking blue collar metalhead from the ‘80s. I currently work as a police officer, but beneath the clean pressed uniform, shiny gun belt and short cropped hair is a leather pant wearing, teased hair maniac that has to repress the feelings to jam an iPod down the throat of some yuppie drinking a Starbucks listening to the latest Maroon 5 album. Instead of drinking free coffee and eating donuts I should be pounding Jack Daniels and trashing a hotel room!
I’ve spent the past three months working nights — “Walk(ing) In The Shadows” – and I need five days of Caribbean sunshine. I’m a 39 year old “Modern Day Cowboy” fighting against the evils of country music and easy listening adult contemporary radio stations. The “Revolution’s Calling” and I want to be on a cruise instead of standing on the thin blue line between total chaos and order.
So, for five days let me fight the man instead of being the man. I know that these contests are “Ez Come, Ez Go,” but I would prefer to go. So, do the right thing and look into the “Eyes Of A Stranger” and tell him that he’ll be listening to Operation Mindcrime instead of fighting actual crime.”
Congrats to both winners and their spouses – Dennis + Ann and Lisa + Phil – have a great time and happy headbanging on the ShipRocked cruise!
Get ShipRocked and Win a 5-Day Cruise for Two to Jamaica and Grand Cayman!!
The House of Hair has teamed up with ShipRocked to give away another all expenses paid trip for two to hang out on the high seas on the way to Jamaica and Grand Cayman with Queensryche, Tesla, Ratt, Skid Row, Lynam, Broken Teeth, EndeverafteR, Niki Barr Band, Stereoside, StoneRider and more! You and a friend can win your flights, hotel, an oceanview stateroom, and even a couple of VIP passes for this amazing floating music festival in November 15-20, 2009! If you have any doubt that you’ll have a great time, check out our past HOH winner of the Motley Cruise, right here!
ShipRocked is an unparalleled five-day rock and roll music cruise, with on-board performances by Queensryche, Tesla, Ratt, Skid Row, and lots of other great bands! Departing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida on November 15, 2009, ShipRocked will sail to Ocho Rios, Jamaica and Grand Cayman, before returning on November 20th.
ShipRocked is truly the ultimate rock and roll vacation and backstage pass!
This cruise is almost sold out, so if you’d like to guarantee your booking, tickets are on-sale now via the cruise website at www.getshiprocked.com, or by calling (877) 855-5502! Pricing for ShipRocked begins at only $599 per passenger, with exclusive VIP packages available.
Throughout ShipRocked, everyone will feel like a rock-star, as guests will bask in both sun and luxury on-board MSC’s Poesia.
The Poesia is the third spectacular vessel in the MSC Cruise Line’s “Musica” family of ships – and ShipRocked will christen it in their own special way during its first week of service in the US & Caribbean. This amazing super-liner features MSC Cruise Line’s signature Italian inspired decor, impeccable service, sumptuous cuisine in multiple restaurants, beautiful swimming pools, hot tubs, a full-service spa and fitness center.
ENTER TO WIN: Contest Entry Form
What do you win?
1 GRAND PRIZE Winner gets:
One Grand Prize winner and a Guest receive a trip for two on the ShipRocked Cruise on MSC Cruise Lines!
The five day Cruise departs from Fort Lauderdale, Florida on November 15, 2009. ShipRocked will sail on board the MSC Poesia to Ocho Rios, Jamaica and Grand Cayman, before returning on November 20, 2009!
The grand prize includes:
1) Airfare to/from Ft. Lauderdale for 2 people.
2) Hotel (if needed) in Ft. Lauderdale) on 11/14/2009
- 1 room, double occupancy.
3) One oceanview stateroom (double occupancy) on the
ShipRocked MSC Cruise Line.
4) VIP passes.
ENTER TO WIN: Contest Entry Form
How to Enter:
Fill in the Entry Form here. ONE ENTRY PER PERSON ONLY, please. Duplicates will be tossed out. Tell us why you’ve got to “Get ShipRocked with the House of Hair”!!
PLEASE NOTE: The Grand Prize winner and Guest must be residents of the Continental U.S. or Canada and 21 years of age or older – no exceptions. Other Grand Prize winner rules are listed below in the Additional Contest Rules section.
How we choose the winner:
Only entries received by November 2, 2009 will be considered. The HOH staff and prize team will choose the Grand Prize winner. Entries will be judged on honesty, creativity, sincerity and who we think truly deserves this awesome prize! Convince us that the ONLY person we could possibly pick to win is YOU!!
Contest Start Date: Monday, October 5, 2008
Contest End Date:Monday, November 2, 2009 at midnight
Did I win? Winners will be announced FIRST in the HOH newsletter and one week later on the website. Register for our weekly spam-free HOH Newsletter.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com
This contest is open to residents of the USA and Canada ONLY.
Grand Prize winner and guest will have to sign legal disclaimer. Major rules include:
1. Grand Prize winner and guest must live in the Continental United States or Canada, but airfare must originate from a major U.S. airport.
2. Grand Prize winner and guest must be 21 or over – no exceptions! Faxed copies of driver’s licenses or other official ID will be required if you are picked as the winner. Grand Prize winner and guest will also need to supply social security numbers for tax purposes. WINNER AND GUEST MUST HAVE A VALID U.S. OR CANADIAN PASSPORT. Due to the tight deadline on this contest, you AND your guest must already have a valid U.S. or Canadian passport.
3. Grand Prize winner and guest must originate flights from the same airport within the Continental U.S. Grand Prize winner and guest must be able to fly to Ft. Lauderdale and provide proper legal ID to the airline and to ShipRocked/MSC Cruise Line.
4. Lodging is one (1) oceanview stateroom, double occupancy on the cruise. In the event the winner is chosen from a place in the U.S. necessitating a flight one day prior to the cruise, one (1) hotel room, double occupancy, will be provided in Ft. Lauderdale on the night prior to the cruise departure. Hotel will be chosen by our ShipRocked/MSC Cruise Line sponsor at their discretion.
5. ALL GROUND TRANSPORTATION TO and FROM THE FT. LAUDERDALE AIRPORT TO and FROM THE CRUISE SHIP AND POSSIBLY TO AND FROM THE HOTEL IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER. So, the winner must be able to rent a car and have a valid driver’s license OR instead pay their own way on the airport and/or hotel shuttles and/or city taxi to/from ship and hotel.
6. In an effort to try and prevent passengers with potentially dangerous and contagious viruses like H1N1 from coming onboard their cruise ships, MSC Cruises is putting into place new health and medical screening procedures and policies into place at their port terminals worldwide effective immediately. These new procedures WILL BE in place for ShipRocked this November. Prior to embarkation, all MSC guests will complete a questionnaire utilized by all cruise lines through CLIA (Cruise Lines International Association) detailing their current medical status. Should their responses indicate that they could potentially have the virus, they are then seen pier side by the ship’s medical personnel. In addition, all MSC vessels are equipped with thermal imaging equipment. A guest with an elevated body temperature is referred to the ship’s medical staff. The staff will evaluate the guest’s condition and has at their disposal “rapid test” kits to aid in the diagnosis of suspected illness should they need it. Based upon this test, if positive, the guest will be denied boarding for medical reasons as a precautionary measure for the health and safety of all guests and crew onboard. THERE IS NO REFUND FOR YOU OR YOUR GUEST IF YOU ARE DENIED BOARDING! SO, STAY HEALTHY!!
7. All applicable local, state, federal and international laws apply.
8 . Prize is non-transferable, non-substitutable and has NO cash value in the event of trip cancellation for ANY REASON.